98 cheyenne 5.0 vortec. Best upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nef.t

Reaction score
Just got a 98 cheyenne with the 5.0 vortec with 84k mil. Just wanna know what are the best performance upgrades. I don't wanna swap to a 5.7 tell I rack up some more miles on this motor. Just looking for some simple bolt ons. Headers exhaust intake need some edvice on brands and what to look for?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drive it stock like it is and save your money for an LS swap and call it a day.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent advice right there. Don't bother putting money into it unless you plan on a stroker later and don't want the power or mpg that comes with and LS swap.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ls is the only way to go, my 96 5.0 was a gutless engine. Ran great but with mods it still won't compare to a stock 5.3 with a good street tune. Ask me how I know haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bingo. keep the 5.0 maintained and in good repair, bolt ons will just be very very minor change for what they cost. by the time you've paid for them you'd be most of the way to paying for an LS swap. just save up for what you really want in the end.