98 Chevy Suburban C2500 drop kit questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Reaction score
Hello never dropped a vehicle before and I am looking for some guidance. There are 2 kits available for my suburban a 3/4 and a 4 or 5/7 from beltech the last being kit 968sp that includes the shocks. I wold like to go as low as possible but still be able to tow my 23' cuddy cabin(7k lbs probably a 700lb tongue wt.). Just wondering if anyone has done this and still tried to tow something. I am concerned about clearance. I was told that putting on the beltech helper bag wold make it all work. Just wanted to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger and drop 1400 bucks plus the family will be pissed if we can't get the boat to the lake.

Thanks,

Jimmy

cobalt

Reaction score
you can do the 4or5/7 drop to get the lowest you want but if you get to low being as long as you are if there is to much of a sudden grade change you can high center easy. but with the helper bags you can haul without and issue. it will even help having everyone and all the gear alone the bags can level you back out. personaly id say pull the trigger but im a more low kind of guy....

Reaction score
Thanks cobalt, just wondering on that kit (968sp) do you flip the springs in the back and just keep the axle on the bottom of the springs? To me it doesn't look like the axle would fit on top of the springs the way they are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cobalt

Reaction score
it puts the axle on top of the springs beltech should supply a notch with the flip to allow suspension travel. they think it out farely well. if thats the company your geting the drop from as well. the springs them selfs dont move other than to get out of the way to get the springs on top.

Eagle

Reaction score
Thanks man, after your reply, I called beltech back and they did confirm their was a c notch in there. None of the online places show it in the picture and that's what had me confused.

Thanks,

James

cobalt

Reaction score
its quite all right i can say alot of the pictures online stores use are a genaric show of parts. its thown me a couple times as well but glad to know you called them and did some research too.