98 and 97 k1500 silverado's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
if I were you I wouldn't swap over the interior parts you wanted from the green truck to the blue since the blue truck is so clean. what I would do is put the 6.5 in, lift it like you said and use it as a fun exploration type truck.
I wouldn't swap in a 6.5 it's a lot of work to swap a diesel in place of a gas, to end up with an inferior engine. The vortec 350 is a much better choice. Now if you Wana swap in a Cummins or duramax that's a different story.

Thule

Reaction score
agreed, friend of mine has one with the 6.5l td, its not that much lighter on fuel, maybe a little in town, but not enough honestly,

mistaake

Reaction score
Two nice trucks you got there :) So you had no trouble towing one K1500 with another? Good to know, I might have to do that some time soon. I say find an engine for the green truck - it's too nice to rip apart.

Thule

Reaction score
no it had no problems at all :) the 97 and trailer where about 6k i think, i did heat the transmission a little once, but that was up a long 10% steep uphill, it kept around 40mph's up the hill,

if i where towing this weight on a regular basis i would stiffen it up a bit in the rear, the trailer was not handling the size of the 97 that well and tank slapped alot, and when it started to do so i felt that the rear was a little to soft, it has 3 blades in the rear springs, the green one has 5,

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Two nice trucks you got there :) So you had no trouble towing one K1500 with another? Good to know, I might have to do that some time soon. I say find an engine for the green truck - it's too nice to rip apart.
You should read my 95 build thread haha

Thule

Reaction score
the blue one just keeps on going, i love this car

You must be registered for see images

brothers!