97Bowtie1106's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
You should be able to get to all bolts with a long extension. There are holes on the bottom of the frame to access the bed bolts.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the fuel pump was the problem. She's running better than before.

While you were in there, I hope you also replaced the fuel pump pigtail wire harness, that there is a GM Technical Service Bulletin out on. Causes LOTS of fuel pump/fuel sender problems.

bartlett

Reaction score
While you were in there, I hope you also replaced the fuel pump pigtail wire harness, that there is a GM Technical Service Bulletin out on. Causes LOTS of fuel pump/fuel sender problems.

Hell yeah, replace the pigtail. I went through 6 fuel pumps in about 2 months before I found out about the pigtail problem. Dropping the tank in a tahoe 6 times sucked.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Ive done a couple of fuel pumps before and have never changed the pig tails. Good to know though...thanks

Ive worked out a deal with Drew (91Blkstpsd) to where I am trading him my rollpan and my old chevy grill for a set of medium dark tails with the clear reverse light and a tinted third brake light. If you not familiar with him here is a link to fsc where he sells them. His work is really clean.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/showthread.php?399605-Smoked-Lights

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
got my eraser wheel today and went to town on the tape and glue. Here is a quick pic from my iPhone. The weather is been pretty bad so Ill get some better ones when it clears up

You must be registered for see images attach