97Bowtie1106's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLAMD SCOTTY

Reaction score
does it rub at all with the 235/75/15 and how much of the control arm did u notch to clear the 15's.

Daniel

ps: pics would be great

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
i know, one of me tires is already rubbing... i have some bent or broken suspension components in the front end... dunno how... but its all getting replaced when i lower it. But that wont be till probably middle or end of may... cause mine is going into the body shop tommorow.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
I need some suggestions. I have some 20" american racing prisms laying around and two need to be fixed and I will be getting a 255/45 tire instead of the 245/35 that are on them now. Here is a pic of my reg cab with them. Should I fix these or get some new wheels. These are in good shape but two are bent from a construction zone.This would be the cheaper way since Ive got a friend who fixes wheels

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, ill probably be starting body work alot quicker than expected. More than likely I will be spraying the truck white. For some reason I have always loved a good clean white truck.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
i say get those fixed, i think they would look sweet with the white truck, just wondering have you been able to get a picture of your trimmed LCA, im going to trim the rain gutter off mine tommorow, im just waiting on balljoints, ive got the flip kit & notches fully installed. Im doing the front now. Turned out i needed to replace balljoints... lol If you could post up a quick pic that would be awsome, thanks.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
update time!!!

I found a guy on mautofied who wanted to trade STRAIGHT up for my stocks for his ss wheels. And the good part is that he only lived 15 miles away. The wheels are in great shape and have 255/70 tires on them and I will be getting some 255/60 sometime this week. Not quiet sure how I got this lucky but whatever haha.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
here are some pics of it cleaned up