97 K1500 Suburban Feeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to put up a feeler to see if there's any interest out there...

This is a 1997 K1500 Suburban LS 4x4 auto with 217,*** miles 85% of which were highway miles. This truck has been maintained meticulously, its never missed an oil change or regular maintenance, and has a lot of life left in her. It was garage kept its entire life until a year and half ago when I bought it off of a family member.

Pros:
-Rust free and completely clean inside and out!
-Wester's custom chip
-Viper keyless entry remote start and anti-theft system
-Full alpine audio system with I-Pod connectivity and control from the head unit. Including alpine speakers all around fully amped and a 10" type S in a ported box in the back
-True dual custom exhaust with flowmaster 40 Ultra's (she sounds reeaalll nice! :smile:)
-New headlights installed just before I bought it
-Brand new wheel and tire package last summer (~5,000 miles ago). Brand new 18" Chevy wheels off a 2012 silverado, and brand new michelin LTX AT2's, overall a $1500 wheel package
-Everything works!

Cons:
-She leaks a little oil from the valve cover gaskets, not even enough to notice the level drop between oil changes
-2 small bee bee chips in the windshield put there by some a**hole kids from the neighborhood
-The front driver's side wind/rain guard got ripped off during the blizzard this winter
-Some minor interior and exterior imperfections from 16 years of life

This truck is located in Middletown, RI and I'm asking 5000 obo.
I'm also open to trades for a 24V cummins 4x4

Thanks for looking!

You must be registered for see images attach

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's in great shape but I know in Michigan a truck with 200k plus miles you won't get 5000 more around 3500. However I don't know what the market is like in RI. Good luck with your sale

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man, and you're right I might be a little too ambitious asking 5000 but she still runs and drives perfect, no trans slips or anything, and with this little rust on a 16 year old truck, she's gotta be work at least 4K-4500 imo

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I totally agree with the 4000-4500 price because of having no mechanic problems or no rust. If I were you I would put it on Craigslist and put the price at 5000 and let them offer 4500 or higher and take it

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I totally agree with the 4000-4500 price because of having no mechanic problems or no rust. If I were you I would put it on Craigslist and put the price at 5000 and let them offer 4500 or higher and take it

Yea thats what I did, and thats what I'm expecting, but so far no serious bites, I guess I'll just have to wait it out, I hate to get rid of her but she just sucks down too much fuel! haha