97 ECSB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
Hey guys, first build thread here. I am new to the forum and decided to post some pics on the progress of my build. The truck was already in progress of getting the small lift when I joined so no pics of before only after I started. Just pulled the truck out of the garage today because the snow was gone and it warmed up. First sign of progress and will be taking it next week to get tires mounted on the new wheels and alignment. Thanks to this forum, I know have more ideas of what I want to do with the engine. Right now I am looking into a 5.3 / 6.0 liter swap or rebuilding current motor and making it into a 383.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
I was just doing some checking on the height of the truck and I have adjusted the fender height to a 1" rake in the front. The rear is at 40" and the front is at 39". Does any body have any suggestions? Should I have the front and rear the same or different?

Thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
It's a matter of what you think looks good. If you like rake, leveled, negative rake, etc...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just doing some checking on the height of the truck and I have adjusted the fender height to a 1" rake in the front. The rear is at 40" and the front is at 39". Does any body have any suggestions? Should I have the front and rear the same or different?

Thanks

That's a matter of opinion really, if it was mine that's how I'd set it up but I prefer them 1-1.5" higher in the back...

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
Another mod that has taken place and completed with the lift is the gears. I had swaped out the factory 3.42 rear and front diff for a set of 3.73 from the junk yard. Glad to have the 4x4 working again!!:headbang: Can't wait till Thursday, should have the tires mounted and on the truck. It is killing me that I can't drive it.

Hillbilly2

Reaction score

With the new rims and tires. Having a hard time getting good pics with the freaking snow and cold. Is it spring time yet..

Jay B