'97 Chevy Silverado Build Starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its a long story how I got to this point, but needless to say I am here with my '97 Chevy 1500 Silverado. I always wanted this body style when I was growing up and here I am now.

Picture of how the truck first looked.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next came rims, tires, bumper stops, front license plate holder, and a Flowmaster 10 series.

And the latest project, a headache rack with my KC lights and some cheap square lights. Just need to get it powder coated and put on. I made it myself and the idea I really liked about it is I can remove the lights on the top by removing 4 nuts. That way if I need to carry something long, or don't want the lights on I can easily take them off.

To come:
Tinted Taillights
Small tweaks with the engine
Bedline box and rockers

Down the road:
4L80E
SAS: Dana 44

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great but when you copy the image link, click on the image first so it's already bigger when you post it in here. Lazy, I know....but anyway I was always a huge fan of custom fabbed headache racks. You should try and mount a jack on it or something cool and put HIDz in any fog lights you wire up! They are one hell of a value.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not too impressed with the 10 series yet, but it is a stainless steel muffler and was only like $50. It is also a race type muffler, so I am thinking without the cats it will sound better.

And I have been trying to figure out what to mount to the headache rack. A jack would look pretty nice. As far as the HIDz that is definitely down the road. The KCs in the center are the brightest halogen KC offers.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good man! it crazy how much wheels can change the look of a truck.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got the headache rack powdercoated for $12 and mounted last night. Working on wiring up the lights for it now. Beginning to look into transmissions, and axles for the future.