97 1500 SES Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBR_Rob

Reaction score
I recently bought a 97 K1500 from a local mom and pop dealership and am having trouble getting it through emissions. 2 weeks ago this dealer had me take it to a mechanic to fix the cat issue and the SES light. The cats got fixed (and will get replaced at tax time) but the mechanic is saying I need a new cluster to solve the SES light issue. The SES bulb is burning out and the emissions place said it is not coming on when commanded to. Since this mechanic has not gotten back to me on replacing the cluster and I don't feel like driving across town to get jerked around where should I start looking to fix this? I've got to have it fixed shortly since the temp tag is about to expire and I have to take the wifes car for an out of town work trip and don't want her having registration issues with my truck while I'm gone.

kevan.gibson.9

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it off and change the bulb it's not hard or find a diffrent cluster at ur local junk yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk