96k3500 454 Whipple Supercharger build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the spammer, just FYI, don't reply to them, that just puts up more links to their spam sites. you can report the posts and we'll clean 'em up.

BTW that sounds bad ass...I miss having boost. I need to finish my build up.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
got the spammer, just FYI, don't reply to them, that just puts up more links to their spam sites. you can report the posts and we'll clean 'em up.

BTW that sounds bad ass...I miss having boost. I need to finish my build up.

Will keep that in mind from now on.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got all of the bugs worked out now. I had to replace the bypass valve actuator. I bought the part from Whipple directly. With the new actuator, My intake temps dropped 90-100F and the throttle response is amazing. Now cruising my intake air temps are only about 70F above ambient (They were 150F above ambient without bypass actuator). I am still going to work on getting my intake temps down, but it is livable.

Truck is amazing. Imagine driving up a big hill and only having to barely (and I bean barely) feather the gas to maintain 75mph without ever dropping out of OD.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the cold air intake back. Now the Volant CAI is pulling air from the inner fender as it did from the factory. This was some Spectre 3" stuff that I wrapped in the high temp wrap and painted with high temp paint.

You must be registered for see images

Couple new truck shots. It was a nice low light day-