96 Fuel Pump Assembly in 92 Tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The most-common cause of premature fuel pump failure is contamination--grit--rust--debris--in the gas tank.

Be sure to install a fresh filter-sock along with the pump, and in-tank wire harness. Verify the rest of the wire harness/fuel pump relay circuit/oil pressure bypass circuit and ground connections are in good condition without excess resistance.
I've got a new tank awaiting install because of this reason. Figured 30 years of fuel grime wouldn't cut it.

Anywhere I can find the voltage/amperage/ohm specs for each circuit?

I plan on testing these while the bed is off. I've brought a new set of electrical probes and already have a DVM.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed new pump assembly over weekend. Can confirm, 96 assembly drops right into a 92 tank. No problem, uses lock ring to secure.

Also, the Delphi pump fuel assembly I brought from RA came well packaged, looks like quality part from my eyes. It did came with a Made in China sticker though in case anyone is wondering. We'll see...