96-98 tahoe rear defroster AC heater controls and gauge cluster with NUimage overlays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
96-98 tahoe rear defroster AC heater controls and gauge cluster with NUimage overlays on them. no broken tabs. just need cleaned alittle.
i bought these from my local junkyard from a wrecked truck. they should work but are untested. so not postive if all the gauges work or if the needles are in the right spot. if youve ever worked on gauges and overlays you know how the needles can be off if not put back on in the right spot. tho can be easily fixed by just pulling off and repositioning. its alot easier to swap whole gauges than pull needles to put in overlay.

140bucks shipped in 48states, paypal prefered. will not separate.
i like the overlays but i already got a escalade cluster in my truck. i know these defroster ac controls go for about 100-120bucks alone on ebay. also you dont have to have defrosters. i know that my truck had the plug for the defroster on it already which doesnt have defroster. ive thought about hooking up the defroster switch to some lights with a relay. just an idea for a hidden switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

i also have a escalade cluster for sale as well 100bucks shipped, but i have not tested it yet. tho the clear face is messed up so youll need to reuse your factory clear face on this gauge cluster i might have a good clear face for it i can swap out but not positive just yet.
i will test it soon as i need to pull my cluster out to change 2bulbs already so ill have my dash apart for a quick test of both of these clusters.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well i tested the esky cluster today and I THINK the fuel stepper gauge is maybe bad. it twitches a hell of alot more than my current one that just maxes out most the time. it may just be my trucks fuel tank meter since its already bad BUT im gonna just say the steper is bad just to be safe. BUT if your fuel gauge works in your stock cluster then you can simply move your old stepper motor onto this esky cluster real easy! and one or two of the backlighting bulbs is burned out. simple bulb tho. 85shipped since the gas stepper is posibly bad.

this is a video of my esky cluster inside my truck already.... my gas gauge needle goes all the way to the right as ya can see.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e...on=view&current=video-2012-07-30-17-13-59.mp4

and here is THIS FOR SALE esky cluster. as you can see the gas gauge twitches like crazy seems to do it more when i hit the brake pedal.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e...on=view&current=video-2012-07-30-17-18-14.mp4
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e...on=view&current=video-2012-07-30-17-16-32.mp4

just slap in some white leds in the gauges and they look MUCH BETTER! :) below is my cluster with HP5 leds.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well my gas gauge started working again today so i slapped the esky cluster back in my truck for asecond and the gas gauge did work but it still twitched alittle bit. i may try to swap the gas gauge stepper motor this weekend from another stock cluster i have. it should fix the cluster. ill post back once i swap out the stepper motor.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
PM sent. plus i now have extra gas stepper motors so you can swap in a good one into the esky cluster. i also got afew extra bulbs as well you can swap around to make sure they all good lights.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
BUMP 100bucks shipped for the gauges and heaters with nuimage faces.
gauge cluster tested and works. does have a few backlight bulbs out BUT I WILL INCLUDE AFEW EXTRA BULBS... so just find the bad ones and swap em out. very easy! but i havent tested the heater controls but they should be good. i can also include a second black box switch for it just incase.