95obschevy Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm gonna demold mine next weekend. Any tips? Just to let you know your truck inspires me! The only difference is mines a long bed and 2500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha well thanks, um for the demold use a heat gun, go slow, get an eraser wheel to save your thumbs, get a can of adhesive remover, clay bar, and some wax.

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the questions but how did you prep your grill for paint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont be sorry, I love answering questions. For the grill im going to say right now that if I were to do it over again Id drop the money on a paintable grill shell because painting over chrome fights you til the end but heres how i did mine. Sand it until there is no shine, wipe down with wax remover, spray it with an etching primer, then shoot it with colormatched paint (have a parts store mix it for you). Then polish/wet sand if you want. For best results take the time and prep very well, and sand between coats.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I love the look of your truck Eric!! Looks like a completely different truck then when you started on it, new tires look awesome as well! :cheersL

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks mean green! Yeah idk Austin I never stop at fsc anymore so I wouldnt know but that would be cool!

I still cant decide if I should keep the chrome bumper or match it green :hmm: but im still pretty set on matched mirrors.. cant decide, please help!