95 Suburban Sub Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timhhi

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm looking for a nice looking and nicely functioning sub box for my 1995 Suburban. I do have plenty of room in the trunk but it's nice to have a box that feels "as if it belongs"...

Does anyone have links to any nice boxes? Or have you made your own and have some dimensions/pictures I can work off?

Where'd you put yours?

Any info is great. I'm not looking for one for a particular size sub or amount, I'm planning on getting all that taken care of after I make an appropriate box.

Thanks.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check my photo album in my profile, I have a few pics of different setups.

jaemitch

Reaction score
these is a few ive done that would fit in there may be a lil overkill for u but i like the big boom.
You must be registered for see images attach

timhhi

Reaction score
if u get me the sub type and quantity i can throw together a design or 2.

No size or number. I'm not looking for huge base like w7s, just some nice bass I can listen to music with. I'm only 17.

And preferably, what I'm really looking for is a sub box that's a b it more "out of the way". I was thinking 1 maybe 2 12s or 2 10s?

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Man, with a suburban you have no issues. Try having an ext cab, or even more difficult a reg cab. Build w/e you want no worries. Its just a square box and anything else you can fine tune. I wish I had a trunk or a rear to work with...

timhhi

Reaction score
Man, with a suburban you have no issues. Try having an ext cab, or even more difficult a reg cab. Build w/e you want no worries. Its just a square box and anything else you can fine tune. I wish I had a trunk or a rear to work with...

Haha yeah that's definietly true.

What I'm really thinking at the moment is that I'm going to get two 12s. I keep all my stuff in the rear, so I don't want to worry too much about stuff rolling around and/or hitting the subs, so I was thinking about facing the subs towards the front so that it would hit the back of the box, and having a box that basically crosses the whole back side.

Good idea?

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score

Im with ya on that one man...its a pita to find a decent box for ext cabs for under 250 bones and makin one isnt easy.

crazyc0303

Reaction score
if you havent found anything yet, you might check out MTX SUV Sledgehammer enclosure's. They are made to fit against the back seat and downfire. Alittle pricey but really nice boxes.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i think you should get the subs first then deal with the box. different subs need different spaces to work best. if you go too big then you might get sloppy nasty bass, and if you go to small then you can run the risk of the sub over-working itself and blowing. also by getting subs first you can build the box to what you want and have the correct dimensions.