95' RC Z71 LQ9 project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to get pictures up yet:(

Also right now I don't have the time or space to do the engine swap. I found someone who has done quite a few of these swaps and knows tons about the LS engines. I'm taking the truck to him the end of this week. This truck is pretty much my DD so I don't want it down for 6 months or possibly more.:nono:

I figured while I was doing the swap I would spend the extra and do what I want to the engine. This is what I believe I'm going to do:

Stock LQ9 short block
Ported/polished and milled 317's
Custom cam
8.1 marine injectors
TBSS intake
CAI
Long tube headers
3'' exhaust into a dual in/out 3'' magnaflow
Custom dyno tune
Built transmission
Circle D or Yank 3200 convertor (not sure which one yet)

Does anyone have any other suggestions while I'm doing this? I'm shooting for a reliable yet VERY fun DD truck!:evillol:
Who's doing your swap for you?

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see, well I hope it turn's out great!

I really wanted to do the swap but I'm looking at several years before I have a shop to do it in. I plan to buy another 95-98 RCSB sometime so I'll do the swap on it for sure.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
i think youll be better off with a 2600 stall. it' should sound a little more stock then a 3200 lol

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think youll be better off with a 2600 stall. it' should sound a little more stock then a 3200 lol

I'm kinda on the fence with the converter. I plan to get with yank and circle D and see what they reccomend for my mods and how I use the truck..

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
Thats kinda high stall for a DD rig.

Have you thought about using a denali/escalade AWD transfer case?
How about one of those remote mount turbo setups?

Love the build. I thought about going a simular direction with my 94 but it already has a 2.5" kift and the stock front diff mount have been cut off the frame.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you will want to think about what size cam you will want to go with. it wont take much of a cam for you to wish ya went with a 3200.

edit: some company's stalls are looser than others too so ask about that before ya buy

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you will want to think about what size cam you will want to go with. it wont take much of a cam for you to wish ya went with a 3200.

edit: some company's stalls are looser than others too so ask about that before ya buy

I believe that's why the guy doing my swap reccomended the 3200. I'm shooting for 400rwhp.. So it's going to have a decent size cam for sure.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe that's why the guy doing my swap reccomended the 3200. I'm shooting for 400rwhp.. So it's going to have a decent size cam for sure.

if you're going for that kinda power i wouldnt even consider a 2600. its really about the setup and not the stall itself. theres more to it than just saying a 3200 is a big stall. with the right gear and tune, a 3200 will lock up and feel basically like stock