95' RC Z71 LQ9 project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I say put it back together exactly the way it was. It's a nice truck and will be again, provided they let you keep it. If not get another, there's plenty around. Good to see your alright, must have been quite the ride.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck isn't going anywhere thats for sure.. What I do exactly will ALL depend on how ''fair'' insurance treats me on it. I have reciepts for most all the stuff I've done to it so that will help.

My buddy and I are ok we wacked our heads pretty hard on the back glass though. We never seen it coming so that helped keeping us from getting injured.

We were the only one's sitting at the stop light. The lady was coming down from a 3 day high and feel asleep at the wheel. She probably hit us doing at least 35mph. I'm just glad nobody was in front of me or it would have been much worse.

Last edited:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
The truck isn't going anywhere thats for sure.. What I do exactly will ALL depend on how ''fair'' insurance treats me on it. I have reciepts for most all the stuff I've done to it so that will help.

My buddy and I are ok we wacked our heads pretty hard on the back glass though. We never seen it coming so that helped keeping us from getting injured.

Yeah they say when you tense up is when you get hurt more.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if I made the truck 2wd would there be any way to keep the front wheels from sticking out so far? I'd like to do a 4/6 drop..

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would just swap in a good 2wd frame and be done with it, I have a good ext. cab frame here, but no reg. cab's, I also have a 91 ext. cab cab that I am trying to give away if anyone want's it.

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just swap in a good 2wd frame and be done with it, I have a good ext. cab frame here, but no reg. cab's, I also have a 91 ext. cab cab that I am trying to give away if anyone want's it.

The big problem I see with that is all the mounts would be different correct since the frame on a 4wd is wider??

kyle's sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading to a RCSB GMT800..

I'll keep this truck to rebuild in the future but right now I'm thinking I want something a little newer and easier to modify..