95 K2500 454 Burb 4L80E - TBI to FITech conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4Birdman

Reaction score
So I am in the process of redoing my K2500 Suburban. It's a 454 TBI 4L80E truck. Transmission is slipping so I am going to have it built by a friend of mine and I'm going to be building a Vortec 454 longblock and do an Edelbrock intake with an FITech fuel injection setup. I am wondering how to control the 4L80E with this without buying an aftermarket trans controller. Has anyone done this before?

David Cruz

Reaction score
I'm doing a similar setup in my K2500 454/4l80E suburban except I'm going with a carburated HT502 and the stock trans since it's still working okay. From what I've read as long as you feed the factory computer throttle position (TPS), coolant temp. (CTS), a tach signal (white wire that goes to the coil), and vehicle speed (VSS, shouldn't have to mess with that one) the TBI computer should control the stock trans. I'll be wrapping up my motor swap in the next couple weeks so I'll let ya know for sure then.