95 K1500 350 - Miss/hesitation problems for past 2 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_1500

Reaction score
Well just an update guys.. I replaced the intake manifold gasket and it was in bad shape. It did not fix the problem but it needed to be done anyways so I can't complain too much. When I had the distributor out for the gasket replacement I replaced the pickup coil which was completely exposed. Put it all back together and it is still acting up.

I noticed that the warm restart stumble/hard knock happens when the temp gauge reads about 140-160 and when it stumbles I can smell gas. This problem first occurred after changing my injectors and I wouldnt think that they would be defective brand new
from NAPA.

Just to recap:
EGR holds vacuum and pintle moves freely, solenoid was replaced a few months ago
Firing order and gap are correct. Coil, ICM, pickup coil, cap, rotor are all brand new AC Delco. Need to readjust timing its about 4* advanced since reinstalling distributor with EST bypass unplugged
IAC was cleaned yesterday
MAP was replaced but I am suspecting it
CTS was replaced, going to check the ohm readings at different temperatures in suspect of a bad pigtail
Both injectors and fuel pressure regulator only a few months old
AC Delco fuel pump and strainer replaced 2 months ago
Throttle Position Sensor replaced 3 days ago

Anyone got any ideas as to why the engine seems to be flooding on startup when slightly warm and after accelerating it evens out?