'95-'98 grill in a '88

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Totally understood! I think there's several guys on here who would be sleeping in another truck if they got another truck.....

Place me very high on that list. After debating the need for a truck for around 10 years, SWMBO discovered the current one parked in the driveway one day with no visitor attached. If another one appeared I would definitely have it for my address!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally understood! I think there's several guys on here who would be sleeping in another truck if they got another truck.....
Place me very high on that list. After debating the need for a truck for around 10 years, SWMBO discovered the current one parked in the driveway one day with no visitor attached. If another one appeared I would definitely have it for my address!
The minister of finance at my house is quite reasonable and understanding, but she has limits, and with 4 vehicles and 2 bikes I'm already pushing them....a fifth would undoubtedly result in my relocation from the house to one of said vehicles.
There is an obvious solution, my problem is that I'm not willing to get rid of one of the ones I have to get another 400. Yet.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Model year 95 is the midcycle refresh. Interior changed as did the grille. There are some build date 94's out there with updated parts, but m/y 1995 was the first year of the updates.
Y'all can go look up the 1994 C/K sales brouchure on the GM Heritage site and you'll notice the grille changed in 1994. :) (btw I was selling new Chevrolets in 1994 and it's only half a coincidence that's my favorite year of GMT400)

It's not really worth arguing about though I do consider the tone of conversation to be friendly. I am 100% right on the 1994 grille though so y'all double-check me if ya like.

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all can go look up the 1994 C/K sales brouchure on the GM Heritage site and you'll notice the grille changed in 1994. :) (btw I was selling new Chevrolets in 1994 and it's only half a coincidence that's my favorite year of GMT400)

It's not really worth arguing about though I do consider the tone of conversation to be friendly. I am 100% right on the 1994 grille though so y'all double-check me if ya like.

Richard
I take it as friendly as well, always do with you. Where would I double check your info? I know what I know just as surely as you know what you know...
I recognize the brochure has a newer grille, but do all the m/y 94 trucks? Or is this more (in)famous GM parts using bullshit?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
She who must be obeyed, indeed! Seems there are a lot of Mrs. Rumpoles out there in 400 land.

And if I was to get too interested in another truck/ute, Mom's asking: how many cases of toys are you trading/selling to get the $$$$; are you suckering them into taking the f150; or what bad thing I don't want to know about did you do? Already have a job and 2 side hustles, gotta sleep sometime!

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There, I fixed it for you.
I really, REALLY can't complain about not having more trucks, I make very little in my current endeavor and I got a **** ton of toys.
I hear you! If it wasn't for the stimulus money, wouldn't have been able to do much on the Burb besides changing the oil....if I made much less a week, I couldn't afford to go to work.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might I suggest a crew cab long bed be the next one, then :D

Aka "emergency 3 bedroom mobile home."

Good idea. I thought I was going to have to add a camper shell to the current one for a while there. It got a little frosty for a week or so but it sure has been nice to have a truck again!