94 C3500 350 cutting out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melling high volume oil pump would be my first choice. If you can find a set of re-manned heads that would be the quickest and probably come out close to the same on cost.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Melling high volume oil pump would be my first choice. If you can find a set of re-manned heads that would be the quickest and probably come out close to the same on cost.
Negative.... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT put a high volume oil pump on a stock system... it WILL empty your oil pan and deprive the bearing of oil when doing so... the oil does not return fast enough back to the pan.. and no, adding an extra quart of oil will not help..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative.... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT put a high volume oil pump on a stock system... it WILL empty your oil pan and deprive the bearing of oil when doing so... the oil does not return fast enough back to the pan.. and no, adding an extra quart of oil will not help..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
A high volume/high pressure oil pump would, in fact, do what you've stated. I've never had a problem running just a high volume only pump.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is needed to drop a 454 in out of curiosity? Just the engine (all bolt on parts/accessories), prom, and 454 tbi?