'94 aftermarket radio install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive had a pioneer cd player laying around for a while, and id like to wire it into my truck. but, no where around here has the adapter for the radio harness. so ill just hard wire it in. my truck has 2 connectors, and the antenna wire. i do have an adapter for the antenna. i need to know which of the connectors has the power and which has the speakers. because im really confused. lol. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well im leaving on a road trip in the truck tomorrow, and id like to have something to listen to. lol.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok sorry just trying to help a brother out,did ya try wal mart thats where i get them from their made by scoshe

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, i got one from walmart, but it didnt work. it was the wrong one, and they didnt have the right one. but thanks anyways

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here you go

1994 Chevrolet C/K Pickup Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 4" x 6" Side Pillar
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the 2 power wires for the new headunit (12V+ Constant should be yellow on your aftermarket radio harness, 12V+ Switched should be red on your aftermarket radio harness). Get a test light out or a multimeter and find a constant 12V+ (Terminal should have 12V+ no matter what position the ignition switch is in.) on the junction block to by the drivers side kick panel, run the yellow wire from your new headunit to a terminal that is always hot. Next find a terminal on the junction block that is ONLY hot when the key is in the "ACC" or "ON" postion. It wouldn't be a bad idea to fuse the yellow wire, as the junction block is not fused.

The OEM speaker wire is junk IMO, so just run new speaker wire to your front speakers from your new headunit, and then locate the rear channel wires in the OEM radio plug. There is 2 or 3 plugs that plug into the radio, but only 1 has all of those color wires on for the speakers. It should not be hard to locate at all, hope that helps!