92 2500 6 lug 4x4 NV4500 built SBC ext cab short box long term build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The LD2500s are cool. I looked at buying one last year, though it was a '95 with an NV3500. Guy only wanted $1,500 for it but it was too rusty for me. If it were a long bed it probably would have followed me home.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The LD2500s are cool. I looked at buying one last year, though it was a '95 with an NV3500. Guy only wanted $1,500 for it but it was too rusty for me. If it were a long bed it probably would have followed me home.
Yes I avoid rusty trucks, this one isn’t rust free but it’s pretty darn good. I was surprised to find the RPO code M8 for the NV-4500. I was thinking it was a getrag 290 or NV-3500. Then I would have had to find a 4500 to swap in but I’m glad I can skip that process!

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’m looking at new leaf springs in the rear. Any recommendations for which company to buy from? No towing for this truck and only a 600 pound ATV would be the most I can see adding to the box on occasion. I’d prefer a smoother ride vs load capacity. I have a few big trucks for big truck stuff.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found these two bucket seats and a console at a treasure yard, they had pulled them and shelved them in 99 after the truck was written off!

It got a new windshield yesterday and tmrw I’m having a shop go right through the front end and steering so I can decide what I want to fix myself vs have them do. If it’s too big of a to do list I will take it home and do it all. If it’s not too big of a list I will have the shop fix it up.

I drove it for the first time Friday. The 3.73 14 bolt rear while open diff works well with no noises. Will add an aftermarket limited slip. The NV-4500 works perfectly and oh man that gear whine in so nice to hear!

The TBI 350 runs great till 4500 rpm which is expected. A fully build forged rod and piston vortec head 360 cube SBC is ready on the shelf. A GT-45 will feed it nicely then either a Holley EFI or the Holley blow through carbs I’ve been having good luck with.

Attachments

• IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: