91/97 from Alberta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8898addict

Reaction score
Hello!

Heard about the forum from another forum. I haven't been frequenting forums in a few years as a result of a loss of interest in my 91/97. I recently have been doing a lot of research for some changes to my 91 and hopefully the forum will come in handy. I have been a proud owner of many 88-98's but these 2 I haven't been able to let go of.

My 97 GMC was one of my first trucks and was completely stock. After numerous stages of lowering kits and wheels I finally bagged it in 2006. The front end has air ride tech control arms and slam bags, the rear is a kp 6-link and slam bags. The truck does lay frame on 20's and is set up to lay on 22's. It also has some go fast goodies including a whipple, long tubes, and tuned by westers.

My 91 Chevy is actually from California and was brought up into Canada in 2009 completely stock with an early 90's style of lowering kit. It was a pretty loaded truck for its year. 350/5 speed with all of the options. I have all the original papers including the window sticker. I daily drove it for nearly a year before deciding to gut it into a drag truck, a decision I regret for the most part. It now houses a 454 bored and stroked to 489. The engine dyno'd 445hp/527ft/lb tq. I built and dyno'd the th400 in it. The truck was built for 1/8th mile drag racing and since being some what completed 3 years ago it has been raced for a total of 3 weekends. Which has now led me to the forums where I am researching my next plan for it as it doesn't get used enough.

This is the most recent picture of the 2 out of the garage for the first time in a long time. The 91 is in street form and sitting a little high in the back end, race form it sits a lot lower in the rear.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Welcome! Where are you in Canada?

I wouldn't tell him if I were you. That whipple or 489 might suddenly go missing. :rofl:

On a side note, how was your experience with Wester's? I've been thinking about having them do a tune for mine as well, just curious what you thought of them.

Welcome to the site!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
God all these nice lowered 400s. I never liked lowered trucks til I joined here. Sweet rides! Welcome to the site! Hope to see a build thread on both of your trucks.

Tyler/T-Unit