90ss 454 4l80e swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know that now I know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I actually didn't know the details until a few minutes ago either. I just knew there was a difference because I saw it mentioned while I was researching my 80E swap a few days ago. Google to the rescue again!

brocks 97

Reaction score
The reason I was asking about the stock computer wiring harness is because I have a u pull it down the road and they have half off and $80 all you can carry sales. Next month is the all you can carry sale. I can carry a tranny and wrap the harness and ecm around my shoulders and walk out with only spending $80 for tranny and ecm. I will have to carry it 50ft successfully. I got this

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Good luck. The 80 is a heavy pig. About 200 lbs. And awkward. What state is that yard in?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck is right! I just lugged an 80E about two feet into my dad's truck bed off of a forklift, and that was about as far as I wanted to move it.

Just out of curiosity I Googled the weight of a 4L80E, 178lbs. It felt like every bit of that and then some.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Weight of fluid maybe. Plus it's an awkward shape. Making it pretty much impossible to bear hug. So you have to curl it the entire time.

I'm a big guy in good shape. And holding 200 lbs in a curl position is a pain.

brocks 97

Reaction score
I can cheat and use straps made of the seat belts in the yard, they allow you to use anything you can find in the yard other than the carts so I can carry alot of weight on my shoulders and use my legs not my arms. ;)

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ditch the converter, prolly drop 50lbs.

Good to see another SS guy here

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say try to get the 94-95 pcm, harness, and trans. I've come to realize how much better those pcms are over the early ones. Gonna need a custom chip though.

brocks 97

Reaction score
Good luck. The 80 is a heavy pig. About 200 lbs. And awkward. What state is that yard in?

Tyler Texas

They keep about 40 gmt400 in stock gmt400 starting to make their way into the yard