89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
That will make a nice DD/toy, small lift 33's so it still handles well.

i'm gonna continue to drive my lil car for the time being. my step-dad was never known for his ability to maintain and service his trucks.. lol i've got to go through it and update a bunch of stuff to see what kind of "base" i'm working with. the frame is solid, so in virginia, that's a good starting point. it has 176k miles on the 5.7 and tranny

agreed on the lift! this is my second 4x4 truck, my first was also a 94 z71, i wouldn't mind a lil lift.. it would be odd to me, but i think i'd like it.

I agree with this statement!

me too!

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
I would say tow rig but you drive the sour girl to shows usually don't you?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I would say tow rig but you drive the sour girl to shows usually don't you?

normally yes, but i've never been to a show more than 3 hours away.

Yeah, saving miles on the girl would be a plus for not so close shows :)

yep... AND my trans doesn't have over drive, at 60mph, my lil engine is spinning at 3000 rpms. if i have to get on the interstate, i try to do it late at night.. so i can cruise about 50-55 without getting ran over. I want to swap trans. one of these days.

Trailers are for boats :deal:

boats, lawn mowers, malfunctioning cars/trucks, etc. lmao. (or trucks you don't necessarily trust.)

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Well then...tow rig, keep utility bed and have every air ride and misc part in it just incase....how ever as I type this I feel stupid Cruz sour girl prob won't break down if its on a trailer :lol: :nono:

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Well then...tow rig, keep utility bed and have every air ride and misc part in it just incase....how ever as I type this I feel stupid Cruz sour girl prob won't break down if its on a trailer :lol: :nono:

that bed is heavy as fck. the bottom of it is rusting out. my step-dad put plywood in the bottom of it as a "band-aid" until he got this new rig all set up. i'll have a tool box in the stock bed (when i get a stock bed). it was a really nice made utility bed.. but time has been cruel to it.

i wish the truck was a short wheel base truck.. i'd throw a step side bed on it :/

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Swap it to a shortbed, it super easy on this body style, I have done it several times. If you were closer I would give you the shortbed gas tank that you need to make it happen.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No they don't have to be changed. You move all the suspension forward, swap to a shortbed gas tank and driveshaft, cut the back of the frame off, you could also flip the rear hangers for a free small lift while you are at it.