88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm loving the headlights and parking lights! And the bumper looks awesome! You have similar off-road lights to mine, and practically in the same place!

You must be registered for see images attach

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sucks, I got pretty lucky when I found my truck here in ND there is absolutly no rust on it at all, just a few hale dents and some other dings.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some phone calls today. Wallet feels a lot lighter:secret:

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Much more enroute:evillol:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Yea bout that....

24 years of life in NY took their toll. Truck is off the road and not in a good way. All the crossmembers from the Trans x-member back are rotted completely through on both sides of the frame so they are just resting in the C channel causing all sorts of frame twist, the gas tank to drop out, etc. In addition, all but 2 body mounts are completely rotted through and there isn't much of anything left to weld to to get by. The vibration from the swampers as well as offroading must have broke apart the last bit of what looked like solid steel holding everything together. I'm back to my 99' Sub. Financially I can't afford to do the swap right now so I've been putting in an average right around 130hrs a week between my 2 ambulance jobs trying to scrape together a large sum of money in a hurry. Haven't seen my apt in 3 weeks. So till my government savings account (AKA tax return) comes in and my hours pay off she's on life support till I can do the frame swap in its entirety:whymewhyme:

Before the frame crumbled I did do some work to it in the form of sealed beams, turn signals, NOS grille, wiring for the 12k winch and a dual battery set up with an isolator.

Sorry guys. I feel like I'm letting down the OBS preservation society. No worries though, the truck will leave my possession after they pry the title and keys from my cold, dead hands. Its just gonna be a while before you guys see any progress.

thats too bad, i hate dealing with rust, i was fortunate that i got mine for free and it was a arizona truck, only rust it has is the dented up wisconsin short box i put on it

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So not much to report. Talked with Steven at ORD. My springs are in and they are just finishing up machining springless arms for me. Should all be shipping soon.

Now the real news. I opened up a fortune cookie and I have good feelings about this truck's revival...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So not much to report. Talked with Steven at ORD. My springs are in and they are just finishing up machining springless arms for me. Should all be shipping soon.

Now the real news. I opened up a fortune cookie and I have good feelings about this truck's revival...

Haha thats awesome!

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look what showed up today. Only been a month and a half...

Custom rate Alcans. 48" 3" lift fronts. 65" 7" lift rears.

Still waiting on the rest of my order from them. Anticipation is eating me alive.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta give you props for having the tenacity to not let this truck die. Although by the looks of it the only thing that will be original will be the cab by the time you are done. Don't worry about letting the OBS preservation society down. Anytime you want to put in some volunteer work I have the perfect patient for you. My '91 needs two rockers and cab corners, body mounts redone and a few other minor things lol. Unfortunately with working full time and a newborn son I don't know when I'll ever get the chance to do any of it.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Bizz. She's not going anywhere without a fight. I wanna get it done by the King of Trucks show but waiting on parts is killing me. That and working 120-140hrs a week to fund this beast and pay the bills. As far as volunteer time, I'm always game to wrench of I can find free time but I'm no body guy lol. I'm really good at creating more body damage though.