88 GMC Trail/DD Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished some stuff up today. Dual battery set up is done. 12k winch is wired and ready. New trans cooler mount is done. Radiator got some much needed love. Dual Derale electric fans are in and wired. GoPro is mounted. Truck barely breaks 140 degrees on the highway with both fans going. If I somehow manage to overheat this thing only a fire department is going to help me. I'll post up pics/video later but is 0115 am here and I've gotta be on the road by 0700 for the Wallington Fire Department's annual fall Bog N' Grog. I know she's pretty agile in the rocks but we'll see how she does slinging mud.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics and update as promised. Truck worked great on the 2 hour drive out to the mud bog but some issues arose once I arrived. The first issue was my front axle wouldn't engage in 4wd. Problem caused by my last Rausch trip that I should have addressed before the bog. Oh well. Second issue and the biggest issue, FIRE. I pulled into the staging area to enter the bog, hit both fan switches and got a lot of smoke and plastic burning smells. Both fan relays, both fuse blocks and both harnesses ended up burning. I called up Poly Performance, who I ordered the fans from, and was able to diagnose the issue. Turns out the factory harness was a bit backwards. I have a chance for redemption on the 22nd at another bog so we'll see how it goes.

Anyways, pics...
You must be registered for see images

My buddy’s 500HP Fummins, 20a on 40s, welded tons, was near unstoppable in the 4’ and 6’ pits. No action shots but I do have a crappy pre-bog shot...

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The light is a 30" Rigid E-Series spot/flood bar. They are far from cheap but you can get a tan if you stand in front of them.

www.rigidindustries. com

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blue Bus, I suppose custom would be one way to put it. Product of a welder, grinder and scrap steel. Its all temporary. In the new frame the LCA mount will get lost for a new one with a winch mount incorporated.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had some clunking in the rear end for oh I'd say 6ish years so I decided its time to freshen her up. Could this be the culprit lol?

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Progress!

Pass side lockout is still seized. Working on that tomorrow.

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to battle with the pass side lockout again today. May or may not have reached the "hold my beer and watch this" point. Enter portaband and a BFH.

That's much better.