'88 Chevy Suburban Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
You've got your work cut out for you on this!!!! But I have a feeilng it'll be done right!!!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I love squares! That is an 89-91 though... 88's had a different front end and no overhead console. Unless GM did some weird first issue up north.

Good luck with her!

Thanks!

Im thinking it might be some wierd first issue then since i looked at the tag in the door and the truck was built in 06/88. If i recall right the next year production wise would be 10/88 which would make it an '89

You've got your work cut out for you on this!!!! But I have a feeilng it'll be done right!!!

Thanks Robert. What i like about it is its got the same engine as my K3500 so it will be nice to have remote start on it for winter. But still have the classic square look

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!

Im thinking it might be some wierd first issue then since i looked at the tag in the door and the truck was built in 06/88. If i recall right the next year production wise would be 10/88 which would make it an '89

That is weird. An '88 should look just like an '87. I would almost say it's been updated, but there's just too much '89-'91 stuff on an otherwise stock truck to believe someone would do that.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That is weird. An '88 should look just like an '87. I would almost say it's been updated, but there's just too much '89-'91 stuff on an otherwise stock truck to believe someone would do that.

I'm willing to guess that canada got the '88 design a bit earlier. How ever it being updated is a mild posibility since the dually im buying from the same guy has been updated.