'88 Chevy Suburban Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well i have mentioned this truck a few times in the chat thread. Figured i might as well get a thread started on it so i have something to point to later on. I looked at this truck on Friday and made a deal with the owner to buy it for $500...Basically the truck is currently in a private wrecking yard and im more or less getting it for the cost that a crusher would pay for it. The truck has a L05 350 TBI in it with an unknown trans and transfer case combo. I say unknown since i do not know what was used in the late model square bodies. From what i have read so far its more then likely 10 Bolt front and rear axles with a TH700R4 and NP208 transfer case with auto hubs on the front axle. From the looks of the interior its in decent shape other then the carpet needing some serious cleaning. It has buckets up front with a console along with an overhead console in it. I didn't have much battery life left in my phone when i took the pics thus why no pics of the interior or engine bay. So heres all i have for pics of the truck so far..

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Plans for this truck:

Stage 1:

BDS 2.5" suspension lift
Ultra 17" wheels
245/70R17 Yokohama Geolandar I/T rear tires
245/70R17 Good Year Silent armor front tires
Tune up
Oil change
new battery

Stage 2:

Precision audio CD player (same as the one in my K3500)
Remote start

Thats about all thats planned for this rig and thats about as far as i think im going to go. It will be replacing my K3500 as my DD because i seem to constantly find myself in the situation where i needing a truck but also needing the items to be protected from the elements during day to day use. Also the K3500 will be under going a SAS conversion next spring.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
any cosmetic repair? i love those old burbs but the rust on them looks twice as bad as rust on any other vehicle. looks like a good base for a project though. whats its purpose? parts getter, mud truck, driver?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
any cosmetic repair? i love those old burbs but the rust on them looks twice as bad as rust on any other vehicle. looks like a good base for a project though. whats its purpose? parts getter, mud truck, driver?

Yea I plan on getting rid of the running boards in favor of n fab style steps, and replacing the rusted front fenders with new ones, other then that grinding off surface rust then painting the entire truck satin black. It will be a Driver/parts hauler.