88-98 Heavy Duty Headlight Harness Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
its not that difficult, the one with two zip ties plugs into you pass side high beams i believe, the other into the factory harness low beams. the two eyelets go to your battery, mount the relays and add the proper grounds, then plug the rest of the harness into the headlights.

ForeverFalcon40

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not that difficult, the one with two zip ties plugs into you pass side high beams i believe, the other into the factory harness low beams. the two eyelets go to your battery, mount the relays and add the proper grounds, then plug the rest of the harness into the headlights.

I could not figure out where the two female plugs go to.

I have a 97 K1500 Turbo diesel with dual batteries. Driver side or Passenger side is the starting point (thinking P/S). I had the grill off yesterday and could not seem to find where the female plugs go into.

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the issues I had with the kit were the short ground wires. I do the Allen screw/battery bolt upgrade and generally run my accessory grounds back directly to the battery.

I didn't really see the need for 2 ground wires. They were very short to work with.

I made a mounting plate for all 3 relays, attached the ground wires to that and ran from there back to the battery.

I have a diesel which meant I had to mount on the drivers/left side.

I also prefer mountable relay sockets as opposed to mountable relays.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
He is but you have to email him and then wait for him to get back to you. Then if you do order it expect to wait for at least a month for it to get to you. With a lot of random excuses that may or May not be true. It should eventually get to you though.

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they are making it to the buyers I may still order one . I'm not in a big hurry.
I did find a site that sells similar stuff for other model vehicles but not ours yet. I emailed them asking if they would look into our trucks and attached a link to one of our threads showing the interest. Hopefully I will get a reply soon!
http://www.itroll.us/smart.harness.html

GMC97

Reaction score
He is but you have to email him and then wait for him to get back to you. Then if you do order it expect to wait for at least a month for it to get to you. With a lot of random excuses that may or May not be true. It should eventually get to you though.
Thanks for the heads up. I have my HID's coming in but I really don't feel like waiting a month just to get a harness in. Any particular reason he is so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.