88-98 Heavy Duty Headlight Harness Kit (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So maybe something like that. Where the grounds that come from the stock place can just go to the grounds in general?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any paint free piece of metal you can bolt to will be fine. I personally used the underside of the bolt holding the front passenger quarter panel to the grille mounts.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sucks. I was hoping to buy a harness with fog lights integrated.

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score

I did some more thinking on my original drawing and saw that when the 4HI was on it backfed power to the switch, this new drawing should stop that from happening. If you get a chance check it out and verify that now power is backfeeding. My intentions are to run 14 or 16 gauge wire through the whole harness. I even plan on making me a grounding terminal strip directly from the ground to tie the lights and relays too. I welcome any feedback on ways to make better. Thanks

corkey723

Reaction score
Ill have to get a mounting pic of where I put mine. I finally got mine installed a week or so ago and holy hell did it make a world of a difference. Even with the not so great headlights, the light output doubled. I can now see safely and its not much worse than newer vehicles. The 4 high is awesome too. I mounted the relays between the the core support between it and the battery, all wiring tucks in nicely and all you see the the 2 wires to the battery. I really hope everyone can get their harnesses they ordered and he can keep up with them, it truly is worth it.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score

I did some more thinking on my original drawing and saw that when the 4HI was on it backfed power to the switch, this new drawing should stop that from happening. If you get a chance check it out and verify that now power is backfeeding. My intentions are to run 14 or 16 gauge wire through the whole harness. I even plan on making me a grounding terminal strip directly from the ground to tie the lights and relays too. I welcome any feedback on ways to make better. Thanks

Ok so 2 spst and 1 spdt relay is needed. I'm glad I read this, I was going off the other one and worked on it a little today L0L! Now I have to get a different relay since I have 3 spst relays.

Good thing I didn't fry anything though. Thank you sir, I do appreciate your diagrams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scotttick

WHO ME?
Reaction score
I would rather just order one premade, looks like he has his harness down to an art. But with all the bad I'm hearing lately, I guess I'll make my own. Even the ebay account has negative feedback. I would test the diagram before I hooked it up just in case I've missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.