88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I finally picked up a set of buckets to swap in my c2500 standard cab. I remember reading in here somewhere that Malibu/ olds cutless seats will work so I picked up these. I picked up 2 sets of bench seat risers to use so let’s see how it goes. I’ll post pictures and info on how it went when I get done. Just out of curiosity has anyone made these 4 doors seats fold forward instead of backwards so I can get things behind the seats?
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what they are going in.
Not sure if this is applicable to your seats, but on the seats in my crew cab, the lever you use to move the seat back, once it's "open" so the back will move...the seat back can move forward or backward. GM does a lot of things in a similar fashion across platforms, so see if that works.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this is applicable to your seats, but on the seats in my crew cab, the lever you use to move the seat back, once it's "open" so the back will move...the seat back can move forward or backward. GM does a lot of things in a similar fashion across platforms, so see if that works.
I’ve noticed over the years gm has a lot of interchangeable parts across several different platforms. I’m going to disassemble a set of s10 seats that are not in good shape and see if the recliner hinges will swap on. If it works awesome if not at least I’ll know if won’t work. I may be able to make some small modifications to it to fold forward you never know.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me know how those cutlass seats fit. I have 2 sets of 88-94 bucket seat risers out of a more door dually I'd like to use on my RCLB
I just installed them. I had seen that the holes on one side of the seat need to be redrilled 1/4 inch further out. This caused the seat to be very slightly off center but it would not to noticeable for most people, I didn’t realize that I sat towards the center on the bench until yesterday so I felt way to the left on the bucket until I got to thinking about it. The seats seem to be about an inch higher but that is a rough estimate it could be less. The seats are more firm than the bench if that matters to you.
I cut 4 3 inch long pieces of angle iron and trimmed one side down. I drilled a hole in the center of each piece and welded each of the seat bolts from the cutlass to them. This went in from the bottom up to act as both a washer to distribute the load and seat mount, it worked great.
The seats are mounted and in the furthest back position and you can kinda see how they fit. I will run them from a few weeks and report back. If I don’t like them I’ll just go buy another set from something else. Seats at our local pull a part cost $33 for a non powered seat. I forgot totake a picture of it but we cut down the reinforcement brace from the front of the bench seat brackets to use them on the bucket setup. I did thisjust to help make sure the seat is stable and I don’t end up breaking the floor. I’ll get pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

cosmic12

Reaction score
Couple days ago I picked up a set of leather power/heated seats out of a 2006 Buick Rendezvous, cheap and they are in great shape. So today I tried to fit them. Was real easy sofar but now I have to figure out all the wiring. I do have the side air bag isolated so I don't have to worry about that. But damn there is a ton of wires under both of them. I don't want to put the drivers side in until I get the power thing figured out , But the passenger side bolted to the two outside orig holes and bolts and I had to drill the two inside ones becauyse it was a 60/40 seat. By the looks the drivers will just bolt in with the orig holes and bolts all 4. Now to figure out these wires.

Attachments

• IMG_20231215_130344.jpg
    IMG_20231215_130344.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20231217_162602.jpg
    IMG_20231217_162602.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231217_162735772.jpg
    IMG_20231217_162735772.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231217_162621.jpg
    IMG_20231217_162621.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 17

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple days ago I picked up a set of leather power/heated seats out of a 2006 Buick Rendezvous, cheap and they are in great shape. So today I tried to fit them. Was real easy sofar but now I have to figure out all the wiring. I do have the side air bag isolated so I don't have to worry about that. But damn there is a ton of wires under both of them. I don't want to put the drivers side in until I get the power thing figured out , But the passenger side bolted to the two outside orig holes and bolts and I had to drill the two inside ones becauyse it was a 60/40 seat. By the looks the drivers will just bolt in with the orig holes and bolts all 4. Now to figure out these wires.
Do you want to sell your original drivers seat?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove my wifes 2015 chevy impala today. The buckets are pretty comfy and have a nice adjustable lumbar. That car is listed in the Katzkin leather seat inventory. I can get the seat covers for it, and doll them up in a 2 tone grey to match my 94 Silverado. I may be taking a junkyard trip soon. The seat belts are not part of the seats which is a plus. Heres a generic seat pic I did from Katzkin. My boneyard typically will do a pair of buckets for $100. I may take a drive out there just to look at different buckets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240102-174216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102-174216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: