88-94 Mirrors on a 1998 Sierra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I really like the look of the old mirrors, Is it possible to put them on my 98 sierra?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah people swap 88-94 for 95+ all the time so I don't see why they wouldnt

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They bolt right up but know that they're not just from older models. In fact, the large black plastic folding mirror that most consider the "new style" actually began in 1992 on the Suburbans etc. as power mirrors. In late 1994 they became common on pickups with up level trim (Silverado) as mostly manual mirrors though some very rare pickups got power mirrors too.

Now back to the "dumbo ears" steel mirrors like you're asking about, they continued to be used all throughout the GMT400 family, just far less common on the newer trucks. The RPO code for the stainless dumbo is D45, "mirror o/s (outside) - lh & rh wide load stainless steel" - the painted black ones are D44.

Richard

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did just what you're inquiring about:

You must be registered for see images attach

Easy peasy. :)

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
why would you want to is the real question

Sent from my 350 powered iPhone

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad has had GMT400s for the past 11 years and I've driven them and gotten used to those style mirrors. Plus, when I got my truck, the mirrors looked like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

So I swapped 'em for a spare set my dad had. :)

tunedbytuna

Reaction score
I have a 98, had those small mirrors on it, which are useless if you trailer and actually use your mirrors correctly. I swapped to the old style, same as my 87 had, and still cannot understand why they went with such a small low useless mirror later on....