88 1ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a guy i know that said he'd cut me a good deal on a truck that just sits infront of his house, but im thinkin he wants a lil too much...

88 k3500 xtnd cab long bed, base model, trlr brake controller, 120k, 454/sm465/ (im assuming 208)... exterior is decent, interior needs ALOT of tlc... $2800

what do yall think... im kinda thinkin round 2k is as high as id go

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
i think thats fair... depending what the body looks like... as long as its the GMT400 body style not the 73-87 body style.. i like the headlights on the 88-89's but i HATE the moonie gauges.. if it's the 73-87 body style the only PRO in my eyes.. is solid axle rather than IFS.

2k would be fair just because of the mileage in my opinion, lots of life left as long as it was maintained properly...

PICS?

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no its not the r/v body style, its a c/k series... body is decent, could use a good buff job

i too cant stand the moonie gauges either... are the moonie gauges interchangable with the needle gauges, my 92 has needles and i just replaced the cluster, so i have an extra cluster if so

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yes you can install the needle gauges in place of the moonies, just requires a bit of rewiring. Most likely it will be an NP241C transfer case not a 208. I have basically the same truck minus the 4 speed manual (mine has the TH400 auto instead)

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most likely it will be an NP241C transfer case not a 208

now that u mention it, idk what i was thinking, i guess i just had a brain fart, 208 is pass drop and its a c/k... that didnt dawn on me till u mentioned 241

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Without seeing the condition it's hard to say, but if it's base model, in good shape overall and mechanically sound, it's probably worth it. Only downside is no overdrive.

Also, 88-91 R/V used passenger drop NP241 cases. 88-89 were cable driven and 90-91 were electronic speedometer.

Just FYI. :)

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without seeing the condition it's hard to say, but if it's base model, in good shape overall and mechanically sound, it's probably worth it. Only downside is no overdrive.

Also, 88-91 R/V used passenger drop NP241 cases. 88-89 were cable driven and 90-91 were electronic speedometer.

Just FYI. :)

supposedly the engine was just gone through not to long ago... he started it up, and its got a hell of an exhaust leak on the driver side, rough idle, ac compressor bracket is held on by like one bolt so it is completly catty wompus and keeps throwin belts...

its gna take a little tlc

im hopin to find one of those pss drop 241s for my sas on my 92