86 10 bolt under a 92

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys i found a real good deal on a rearend. Its a 10 bolt out of a 1986 4x4 fullsize blazer. My question is can i put it under my 2wd 92 half ton. i know i have to go to 5 lug but is there anything major i need to do such as welding new brackets ect.. thanks.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep from what I heard that one is alot more narrow then what you want. I wanted to find an 88-98 10 bolt to put in dad's 84 since we couldn't find any 73-87's, was told it's wider in the 88-98 trucks, and such, so the perchs would be in the wrong places.
In this case it would need to be cut and welded further out if you could get them out enough, and then the wheels would be tucked way under if it would even work. I'd measure both to see what you're looking at.

Reaction score
ok man thanks. i hope i can get it to work. its got disc breaks strange axles and some kind of locker with 4.56's and the guy only wants 200 bucks