8 lug wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I realize this ^^^^, Im still just a little sketched out by them. SOOOO much could go wrong. I just can't see the wheel breaking off before the spacer does.
Can't tell you how many wrecked vehicles I've seen in the impound lot with cast aluminum wheels broke smooth off, shattered into pieces, etc. And cast wheels are the overwhelming majority of both OEM and aftermarket. Force them and they'll break. I'd trust an adapter/spacer milled from billet aluminum to hold up before a cast wheel...

Anyway you can get some pretty decent quality spacers from several vendors, including EZaccessory.com, I've bought several sets from them for different applications over the years. You do kinda have to be careful that you are very specific with what you want, because they aren't the best at double-checking.

Spacers/adapters got a bad name, deservedly so, very many years ago - because they were cast aluminum pieces of crap. This was so long ago now it's not even a factor. When was the last time you saw a VW Bug with a set of Chevy slot mags on it? They were being held on with cast aluminum adapters. :)

Richard

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I would like to see a wrecked vehicle with spacers that the wheel is broken, but the spacer is intact. That would be the re-assurance i need to pull the trigger on a set. Not saying they are not safe, they just scare me.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
1.75" lug centric spacers are on the rear of my 99 K2500(8lug), tires are LT265/75R16:

You must be registered for see images attach

That is a semi-floating axle in the rear and the front/rear wheel track seems to be about even now.

Got em from http://www.performancewheel.com/wheel-spacers-adapters/ Receipt info:

Your Order From Performance Wheel & Tire
Thursday, November 3, 2005 10:52 PM
Order Details
====================

Billet Spacers & Adapters(159990063)
Spacer Material: 8" Diameter
Spacer Thickness: 1.75 inch
Quantity: 2
Price: $90.00
Total: $180.00

====================
Subtotal: $180.00
Shipping (UPS Ground): $16.35
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $196.35
Thank you!

Last edited:

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just called Fred at Wheeladaptor.com. Seem like a cool old guy. Used to drag race back in the day. Anyway. I ordered a set. He makes them out a steel. $370 for 2 inch 8 lug spacers. A little more exspemsive but I feel good about them being steel.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.75" lug centric spacers are on the rear of my 99 K2500(8lug), tires are LT265/75R16:

That is a semi-floating axle in the rear and the front/rear wheel track seems to be about even now.

Got em from http://www.performancewheel.com/wheel-spacers-adapters/ Receipt info:

Need some day pics of this truck...sharpness

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

A set of freds steel, hub centric spacers. Quality.