8 lug wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a set of 8 lug wheel spacers for the rear or my truck. Trying to even out the rear with the front. Who makes a good set? I tow with my truck and it sees logging roads a lot. They need to be strong. Any suggestions?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the same, I don't want them to be sticking out a mile, but would like them to be even with the fronts. It looks kinda goofy being way wider in the front than the rear.

98_k1500

Reaction score
No flares for me, I like my chrome fender trim. Not trying to derail a thread or anything, but has anyone had a bad experience related to wheeel spacers? Im still kinda sketchy on trusting them on a 3/4 ton truck.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good quality wheel spacers, installed properly, will give you absolutely zero problems.

Something that everyone forgets when they start freaking out over "OMG wheel spacers will kill your family" is that very many 1 ton duallies are designed with "spacers" on the front wheels from the factory. They use a single wheel style hub, with a steel spacer nutted up on it, and the wheel installs to the spacer...just like aftermarket spacers are used. Exactly like them. While some are one-piece, depends mostly on year/model/brand, very many are the type that have a spacer.

Buy good ones, torque them down properly, check them every now and then until you're 100% sure they're not loosening up...and you'll be fine.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
This is true about the dually wheels^^^^^ I would assume the factory dually ones are forged tho, not some chunk of aluminum.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is true about the dually wheels^^^^^ I would assume the factory dually ones are forged tho, not some chunk of aluminum.
Your WHEELS are chunks of aluminum. And in most cases unless you spent big bucks, are not forged.

Richard

98_k1500

Reaction score
I realize this ^^^^, Im still just a little sketched out by them. SOOOO much could go wrong. I just can't see the wheel breaking off before the spacer does.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I got my set of aluminum spacers off eBay many years ago. They have about 70000 miles on them. This includes about 25000 miles of towing a 10000 pound trailer across the country many times. I seem to remember them maybe costing $80. I know for sure they were no name spacers. Truck rides and looks much better with them, even helped stability while towing.