70strokers, 75 corvette build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice project, Are you restoring this for your parents or is this now your 'vette?

not really sure where its going. MY old man has always wanted to put sidepipes and the l88 on it, along with make it handle on rails, with 18s aftermarket springs (which we did years ago) and rebuilt the whole suspension with polyureathane bushings. Well i got done doing my 70 gmc truck and was itching for another project, so instead of going out and buying a new project i just went out and grabbed the vette from there garage while they where on vacation...... well long story short it took them about 3 months to figure out it was gone.

So after my mom would never let my old man dump money into the vette because life kept getting in the way, i am the one buying all the parts for it. My parents said after its done we will title it in mine and their name, that way if anything happened to them it would be mine instead of my brother who would just sell it to make cash, along with my name being on the title they can not sell it without me signing off on it.

so pretty much it is their car with all the parts being mine and me and my old man will take it to track days and car shows to spend some quality time.

It will be theirs for the most part and sit in their garage and he will drive it for the most part, but we have a relationship that if i wanted to grab it for a week or so to drive it they would let me also.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
not really sure where its going. MY old man has always wanted to put sidepipes and the l88 on it, along with make it handle on rails, with 18s aftermarket springs (which we did years ago) and rebuilt the whole suspension with polyureathane bushings. Well i got done doing my 70 gmc truck and was itching for another project, so instead of going out and buying a new project i just went out and grabbed the vette from there garage while they where on vacation...... well long story short it took them about 3 months to figure out it was gone.

So after my mom would never let my old man dump money into the vette because life kept getting in the way, i am the one buying all the parts for it. My parents said after its done we will title it in mine and their name, that way if anything happened to them it would be mine instead of my brother who would just sell it to make cash, along with my name being on the title they can not sell it without me signing off on it.

so pretty much it is their car with all the parts being mine and me and my old man will take it to track days and car shows to spend some quality time.

It will be theirs for the most part and sit in their garage and he will drive it for the most part, but we have a relationship that if i wanted to grab it for a week or so to drive it they would let me also.

Nice!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
nice corvette I love the wheels and hood. and you can't beat a good set of sidepipes on an old school muscle car. I can't wait to see this evolve subd for sure

Sent from my static android

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Going to run 18x9.5 rears with 285 40 18. Going to order them probably next month.

I have a bad habit of getting burned out on projects, exspecially paint ones. I sand for months and then just walk away and have no ambition to want to work on it for a few weeks. So buying the front wheels and tires kind of keeps me motivated seeing forward progress. Because I think anyone who does paint work will agree it gets a little old sanding for 10 hours straight on your day off and not seeing a whole lot of progress.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wicked Vette! Everyone I know doesn't care for the mid-70's Corvettes. I personally think they're sweet and I don't like Vettes or Camaros a whole lot. You've given me more inspiration to find a 75 Nova like my dad had in high school and restore it for him.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I dont know how many of you guys are vette guys, but those who are know how exspensive glass t-tops are, new ones run about 1600. Most used ones i have seen go for about 500-800. Well i have always loved glass t-tops so i have been looking around and found some on ebay last week. Paid 280 bucks for them so im stoked.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also got about half the back bumper fully molded in.