70strokers, 75 corvette build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill start off by saying this vette has been in our family since i was 7, i am now 25. My parents bought it and where the second owners. when they bought it, it was completly original, it even had the original bias ply tires from 75. It stayed stock up untill I was 18. Then i pulled my 383 out of a truck i had to install a bbc, after a little persausion i talked my old man into putting the 383 in the vette. We drive it like that for a few years, untill the paint started cracking and looking pretty ragged. In 2010 we worked on stripping off the paint. Well life got in the way and it sat in the garage untill summer of 2012. Then i got started in it pretty much full time after work each night.

since this last summer i have been sanding, sanding and sanding. Last week I ordered new fiberglass front and rear bumpers to mold in (they should be here next week). Last night i put on the fresh rebuilt holley 780 and stainless sidepipes.

I will continue to update this thread. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Mods done.
383 stroker fully forged rotating assembly with double hump reworked heads
550lb front coil springs
fiberglass adjustable rear leaf spring
Bilstein shocks on all 4s

To do list
Eventually after paint a ls 6.0 swap
rebuild front end with moog and polyureathane bushings (sitting on shelf in garage)
autometer gauges
redone interior

When we pulled it in the garage in 2010

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some sanding, sidepipes and new 780 holley

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I only got about a hour of free time out in the garage today. Started out by putting a skim coat on some of the body, while that dried i took the hood off in prep for the l88 hood, then i started sanding on the skim coat. For sure not done sanding the 1/4 yet.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got home today and this was on my porch...... ya buddy.

Called a few buddies and slapped it on. Didnt have to much time, so there is still some alignment to do on it. The hood is not latched in these pictures either. But you get the idea.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a little time today to mock up the rear bumper. Fits pretty good, less then a 1/4 inch on either side of the body.

didnt have time to glue it because i couldnt get anyone over to help hold it while i got the nuts started. hopefully sometime this week i can clue it and do some fiberglass next weekend.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is what it looks like currently as of 3/22

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, looks like it will be pretty nice when your done. I've been helping a friend with a 77 so I have two questions, did you have to put that hood on to clear the taller intake, (not saying I don't like it), I was just curious if the stock hood would have cleared? What brand are the headers & side pipes, Hooker, Dougs, or something ells, how do they fit and was it a ***** sliding them in?

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, looks like it will be pretty nice when your done. I've been helping a friend with a 77 so I have two questions, did you have to put that hood on to clear the taller intake, (not saying I don't like it), I was just curious if the stock hood would have cleared? What brand are the headers & side pipes, Hooker, Dougs, or something ells, how do they fit and was it a ***** sliding them in?

I had the air gap intake with a edelbrock and it cleared a stock hood. however it would not take a air cleaner assembly. I personally rather have a a hollley then edelbrock on my motors so i am glad i can now. The hood my old man and i have always loved the l88 hoods, they just say corvette to me.

the sidepipes are are obx. I have installed hookers, and obs on multipul cars and in my opinion the obx china made ones fit a whole lot better and are half the price as hookers.