70's Carbed 350 into 97 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shucks

Reaction score
Well I've been over at 67-72 trucks with my 79 Chevy I've been working on but lost interest, But I had a motor I was building for it.
I was given a 350 motor that needed rebuilt. I had it sent to the machine shop, bored .030, surfaced, aligned, all new bearings. Now given it back I've got a new crank, Comp cam, Torker II intake, 400 SBC heads, 600 Holley. Just finished the block today.
You must be registered for see images

Now what I'm wanting to do now is swap out my 4.3 vortec for this motor. I do NOT want to go fuel injected with it because I have already bought a carb and my intake. Plus I love the look of the wire free engine bay. Call me stupid for wanting to do this but I don't care.
My question is, how do I run my Speedo and Tach, or my entire gauge cluster? I've thought about making my own cluster but it could look goofy in a 97 Interior. What have you done or what do you guys think I can do?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look at my build thread. I tried getting the stock cluster to work and it didn't. It's worth making a custom gauge panel. Your gonna have to do some major wiring, without the ECM the ac doesn't work. If you have any questions, message me I am at the end of doing what your stsrting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk