7.4L radiator into 5.7L Suburban: what needs to swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the stock Vortec 454 radiator left over after my swap. It never leaked or had any issues, I went with a 1994 Dodge Radiator with my swap. I don't know what it would cost to ship but if you are interested, let me know.

If you want I can measure it up for you but from what i understand all you might have to do is move the mounts outboard (the holes are in the core support) if the radiator is wider. Also, you might have to change the rubber mounts in the radiator supports as well if it is wider at that point but I don't think it is.

Also, I have the stock fan shroud as well.

Let me know. Thanks!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the stock Vortec 454 radiator left over after my swap. It never leaked or had any issues, I went with a 1994 Dodge Radiator with my swap. I don't know what it would cost to ship but if you are interested, let me know.

If you want I can measure it up for you but from what i understand all you might have to do is move the mounts outboard (the holes are in the core support) if the radiator is wider. Also, you might have to change the rubber mounts in the radiator supports as well if it is wider at that point but I don't think it is.

Also, I have the stock fan shroud as well.

Let me know. Thanks!

Given that the 91 454SS radiator will bolt in to my stock mounts and shroud and give me the additional cooling capacity that I want, I'm been seriously considering that route. I'm in Louisiana, so shipping from Washington would be killer! I do appreciate the offer though, dude!