$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
So as stated above, I drove the truck around the block while having my GPS open on my phone, and surprisingly, the speedometer is now dead on even though I’m running 265’s instead of 245’s...great, I like that! However, I didn’t like the “hummingbird” fuel gauge or how it flipped around and slapped the temp gauge when I turned the key on, so I swapped stepper motors with one off of my old cluster.

Old cluster on left, Esky cluster on the right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fuel gauge stepper removed. As outlined in the interior section on this forum, all that had to be done once the cluster was taken apart was to remove the needle, unscrew the 2 T8 screws in the stepper, and swap over. I had taken a pic of where my fuel gauge was sitting while the truck was idling, so I installed the needle back in that position.

Next I swapped over the odometer since my truck had quite a bit less miles than the Esky cluster. I just unplugged the wires for the odometer, unscrewed the 2 T15 torx bolts...

You want to put a screwdriver on the edge of the red sleeve to hold it onto the trip meter, then gently lift the left side of the odometer and gently work it out. Installation is the opposite of course. Again, I used the thread in the sticky section of the interior section on this forum to guide me through.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Escalade 120mph cluster installed! I replaced the 194 bulbs with white LEDs. Of course the Escalade cluster has a blue tint from the factory, but it seems a little dimmer than the white LEDs in my 100mph cluster were, but I was looking for a way to dim the cluster lights some for night driving, I think this will be an improvement!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Escalade 120mph cluster installed! I replaced the 194 bulbs with white LEDs. Of course the Escalade cluster has a blue tint from the factory, but it seems a little dimmer than the white LEDs in my 100mph cluster were, but I was looking for a way to dim the cluster lights some for night driving, I think this will be an improvement!

Badass. Great job. I'm almost jealous. That turned out really good

frito-bandito

Reaction score
That's what I'm worried about. Tapering with either cluster and messing up something. I wish I had a police cluster. I'll keep an eye out but theres never any cop Tahoe's around here
I wasn’t even looking for this one when I stumbled across the Escalade in the junkyard. I’m just glad it didn’t have any serious issues lol