60/40 or straight bench pics..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surrey

Reaction score
Yea its stock but not a true 40/20/40. This is a split back bench. 40/20/40 in my sig is a future mod. Like the NBS Tahoes have, which is like bucket seats with a jumper in the middle.

Did our trucks ever come with a true 40/20/40?? Have you looked into fitting a NBS bench into your truck? I havent much good info on doing the swap

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only true 40/20/40 in our trucks I have seen were in dealer custom packages like Carolina customs or Texas customs from back in the day. I found a set of plush leather seats from a Carolina custom in the pick n pull but they were to far gone for me to save.

I actually have been researching the NBS seat swap, it is a bit more involved than just bolting different brackets on the seat base, but possible. Ian from Extreme 4x4 put some in a OBS Blazer on an episode Search and Restore, but they didn't detail that part of the build as much as I would have liked.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the flip down seat consoles on the 96 and up 60/40 seats can easily replace the armrest on an earlier 60/40?

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
i hate how the benches or many 60/40s dont have arm rests at all. only buckets do but then you dont have extra stroing space capability

I have a blue bench with an armrest in my garage also. I never really used it much. I usually drive with my right arm.