6 inch suspension 3 inch body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monsterkicks

Reaction score
I have a 98 silverado z71 1500 four wheel drive...
Where can I find a good 6 inch suspension lift with steering stabilizer for no more than $1000?
Are there any modifications needed when installing a 3 inch body kit?

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
i dont think there is one that includes a steering stabilizer thats less than $1000. only thing doing a 3in bl is you have to modify your fan shroud to put metal sleeves between so the shroud clears the fan. depending if you have tow hooks. you will either have to take them off or modify your valance in the front, and depending if you have step bars, you may have to get longer cab bolts in the back, i had to cuz the ones that came in the kit were short so i couldnt get my bars back on. 1 more thing and i think thats it, is there emergency brake cable, they will send you a relocating bracket to move your cable. but all kits maybe different it may not come with the bracket. other than that i think thats it. hope that helped

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
On the lift kit you may get lucky and find one on sale for under $1000, just keep shoping around.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the zone kit

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=397&gr=-1

Those are the only two I know of around 1k. Neither come with the steering stabilizer, rough county is another $55 for there's.

Keep an eye on the rough country scratch an dent store on Ebay. I got my 4" kit for $750 shipped. The front components are all the same between the two rough country kits. If you get a 4" kit you just need a AAL to make it a 6".

Also after looking closely at the differences in the kits I would pick the rough country one over the zone. Just my .02 though

Last edited:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Got my RCX lift for $873 shipped from JCWhitney.. Autopartswarehouse.com has em for the same price... Go find the discount codes and put em to work.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
His '98 probably has the np246 tcase...if so, he'll need that custom front driveshaft - $300+ right there.

I say go RCX and spend the few bucks to go over. It's a well designed lift and one of the easiest to install.