6+3 on 33s ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those are the stock ones that come on the 2500 silverados. they came off of a 2500. idk where else to get them but the yard.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess if you dont like offset wheels and really skinny tall tires..... last i checked 33s on offsets rub the **** outa your fenders just turning with no flex stock!

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
ive got 33s on my crew cab with x8s and its the same height as a stock 1/2 ton but the track width is as wide as if it was a 1/2 ton with x10s and it never rubs...

yea not realy a fan of them with BL either, the way i see it is if you can fit 33s stock why would you add a BL and still run 33s, have all that ugly frame hanging down, a higher center of gravity and still have frame clearance issues as compared to a suspension lift when considering bigger tires... with that said, ive seen some real nice looking setups with 3" BL and 35s

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you flex it up? because i know for fact that my 33s on my stock 95 half ton would rub the frame and the bumper just turning. im not trying to pick a fight with you or anything but i dont belive it. what width tire were they? mine are 1250s and they dont fit with out altering the truck from stock. the way i look at things is if they rub at max flex they are too big. thats how i pick my tires out. and if they rub just turning i wouldnt even think about running them. but maybe other people are different im just stating my opinion on how you should pic out your set of tires. if they only rub during flex and your only driving it on road youll prob be fine. if they rub during turning and you have a nice truck then why would you want that? with my truck i dont think i could get my 33s to rub if i tried but i know 35s will rub flexing so i dont run them because my truck sees some flexing every now and then.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
yea im not trying to either... mine are 285s... and no i dont flex my crew cab, it doesnt see any wheeling thats what ive got the seal for and believe me it sees alot of flexing. back when the seal was ifs i had 36s on a non cranked 6" kit and i took the plastic valence off and it never once rubbed front fender, bumper or rear bed sides and i flexed it alot. in its current state before i moved teh axle an additional 1.25" forward it would rub pretty bad when flexed out since i have extremely offset beadlocks etc on just 8" of lift but now it doesnt rub a bit, but thats neither here or there. i guess what im trying to say is i suppose we have a different view of rubbing and how bad it may or may not be. but like ive said my 2500 never rubs but i bet i could flex it up and be fine. if it touches under bump every now and then im personaly not bothered by a rub or two if the stance of the truck is benifited in my eyes but it seems as though it does to you, not faulting you thats just your preference. also im curious as to how you feel about tastefull bumper trimming? beacuse i had to do it to the green truck when i solid axled it so i could run my 38s and after doing so it didnt rub any more until i ran the beadlocks which had 2" less backspacing and i was actually quite pleased with the way it came out.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i agree everyone has different reasons for doing what they do. but IMO most people wanting to lift there truck up a little bit and run a bigger tire want to do just simply that. so im trying to get out there that if you dont want to cut up your truck you should run a smaller tire as simple as that basically. now my prefrence...i dont want my body altered in any way as far as cutting out the fenders. i like the stock bumper and body panels left stock with out cutting because i think it looks better that way for the front atleast. the back id like to see a roll pan possibly. thats about it really. bigger than stock truck with nice tires and no cutting.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running 33x12.50x15s on a 10 inch wheel. back spacing is 4.25 inches or something ridiculous like that. From the pics that I have received of the truck I think it looks "decent" however they are not really good pics. 6chevy9 I agree with you on the cutting part, I have thought about trimming just to get rid of rust but ended up buying new fenders. hell thats why I backed outta getting the bushwacker cutouts I didnt want to trim my bumper. As for the back I just pulled off the roll pan that was on the truck when I purchased it. I am thinking about doing a build thread with help and input from folks on here, only reason I have not is I don't know if there is really enough traffic on the site to get some ideas.

Do you think my fronts will rub haha? sorry if its to big, my damn photobucket account is jacked right now cant resize.

You must be registered for see images attach