6+3 on 33s ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i will have to look when i get home because photobucket pics get blocked when im at work. but from the sounds of it they will prob rub a little assuming its only 3 inch BL. i know mine are still close i got 3 inch BL and adda leaf with keys and they are same size tire with 15x9s i cant remember the offset but they are stock 80s silverado wheels. but its real hard to say since i cant see the pic right now lol. do you have any before and after pics of your roll pan? the idea is up in the air for mine weather i should keep my bumper and or get a nice still stock bumper. or weld in and smooth out with a roll pan. as for off roading ideas i have alot lol wait till you see your other posting and the links i sent you. i think youll love it hahaha. i have done my ifs home work that is for certain!

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not trying to flex "internet muscles" or anything, but 6+3 on an obs w/ 35's will not rub. If your truck is rubbing on 35x12.5's w/ 6+3, somethings wrong. Maybe your stock springs are sagging or something. I've been running a 6" RCX, 3" PA, Ford keys cranked, and RC uca's w/ 35x12.5r16 Thornbirds on 16x10 DC1's for awhile now, and have not been able to rub at all. Hell, I've taken out the sway bar too, just to add more flex, and the front or rear still doesn't rub. And I have not trimmed anything. To the OP, DON'T run 33's. 35's are way too small for the lift I have now. As soon as these Thornturds wear out, I'll be running 38.5's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Excessive

Reaction score
^I'm with this guy.
Im running exactly the same tires, 35x12.50r16 thornbirds except the only difference is im only running a 2" lift and i have no rub except for on flex im pretty sure they will touch the fender a little. But as far as turning goes i can get full lock both ways moving or not with no rubbing.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have only also ran 35x12.5s on 6+3 on the 92 with no prob. but i wont go bigger for alot of reasons.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Guess I am going to be rolling around looking stupid for awhile with the 33s. Gears first than bigger tires.

why dont you just let the lift sit in your garage until you can actually afford tires/gears... i never could understand why people feel such a need to put the lift on there truck "just because" they have it, even though its gonna look like horse **** because your still running your stock rims and tires

as far as not being able to fit 33x12.5s on x10s with a bl... your doing it wrong :slap:

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
35s rub on my 6+3 setup if you flex it..... and they are only 12.50s

this is 6 inches of rcx and 3 inch body on 35 1250s on my 92 chevy as you can tell the 35s will rub a little with alot of flex.

i have only also ran 35x12.5s on 6+3 on the 92 with no prob. but i wont go bigger for alot of reasons.

Now I'm confused. My reply w/ pictures was directed to you. You said that 35's on 6+3 on your ride rub, twice. Now they don't? The pictures were also for the OP to see that they don't rub on that setup. Seems like someone is sending incorrect advice.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was reffering to the lock to lock turning. and said i wouldnt go bigger for alot of reasons...