6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Can you guys help me make the decision on these damn mirrors! They are so freakin huge. Part of me likes them, part of me thinks they look like Dumbo ears! Are there any other options when it comes to mirrors? Help me out guys! Pics would be great. Especially ccsb's with them on it! I've found a couple but they aren't that good of pics.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the center caps look great.

I cant wait to see the covers.

I'm no help on the mirrors, I have stockers on 200footer long bed

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Center caps look good. What are your choices of mirrors??

Gotta bug you about the harness again, did you buy new connectors to splice into our did you use the old harness connectors?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Center caps look good. What are your choices of mirrors??

Gotta bug you about the harness again, did you buy new connectors to splice into our did you use the old harness connectors?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I bit the bullet and ordered these. Was thinking about the ones from Boost Auto. I just couldn't spend $300 on something I'm still not sure about. I'm sure these will be fine. At least til I make up my mind. If I dont like them, I have a few buddies that I could unload them on! Lol!
You must be registered for see images attach
If they work out I'll probably take them apart and paint the chrome black to match the truck. As for the connectors. I used the ones off of the 5.3 harness I dissected for the build!

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered these. Was thinking about the ones from Boost Auto. I just couldn't spend $300 on something I'm still not sure about. I'm sure these will be fine. At least til I make up my mind. If I dont like them, I have a few buddies that I could unload them on! Lol!
If they work out I'll probably take them apart and paint the chrome black to match the truck. As for the connectors. I used the ones off of the 5.3 harness I dissected for the build!
I've looked into some tow mirrors but I can't seem to find ones that are heated. Any advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I've looked into some tow mirrors but I can't seem to find ones that are heated. Any advice?

Seems like I seen a few of the 800 style mirrors with heat. But then again I wasn't looking for it! Not something we need around here! There were hundreds to choose from on eBay. I'll look and see what I can find!

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score

The eBay descriptions are kinda vague when it comes to heat. I'm pretty sure Boost Auto Parts mirrors are heated, or they offer it. You could send them an email to see. Their mirrors start at around $205 from what I've seen on there website.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score

@PolarBear , damn I miss that truck. I see it on almost every other listing for the 88-98 based K2XX mirrors.
--------
I think these tow mirrors are gonna look damn good on your truck Jay, I wonder how they'd look if you went with the same pewter on the caps that's on your flares and rockers, and kept the arms and mirror center black?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
@PolarBear , damn I miss that truck. I see it on almost every other listing for the 88-98 based K2XX mirrors.
--------
I think these tow mirrors are gonna look damn good on your truck Jay, I wonder how they'd look if you went with the same pewter on the caps that's on your flares and rockers, and kept the arms and mirror center black?
The same thought crossed my mind. I've got black and pewter paint leftover. Might do one of each then decide! Or leave them mis-matched and see how many people notice! Lol! My OCD would never allow that though! Hell I might even like the chrome. Guess I could justify it by saying it ties in with the bumpers!

1BigCarrot

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
. . . Hell I might even like the chrome. Guess I could justify it by saying it ties in with the bumpers!
that is the reasoning I went with. Have fun wiring them in. I had to re-pin the L/R function to work correctly. I didn't bother splitting the glass red LED from the front amber LED. If the red (night light) bothers me when driving at night I might change it, but I think it works ok illuminating the mirror at night from the rear.