5LM60 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi, just purchased a used 5LM60 to swap into my GMT400, 94 k1500. One things missing. The clip for the pivot ball that the clutch fork sits on is missing, cannot find a replacement anywhere.

Can I go without the clip on the pivot ball or is it essential?

Thanks

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So after doing some digging around do you guys think this would work?

On the stud first I’d put a brass decorative washer(can look up on google to see what they look like)

On top of that I can put a push nut that is the right size for the stud on the pivot ball.

Was also thinking about using the decorative washer with a normal nut, do you guys think either of these would work?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I think I've seen on here that @PolarBear has swapped in a 5lm60, into 2wd trucks but front section should be the same. Perhaps he could shed some light for you.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I've seen on here that @PolarBear has swapped in a 5lm60, into 2wd trucks but front section should be the same. Perhaps he could shed some light for you.
Thanks, hopefully he will be able to! Not even sure if the clip is needed, but I’d rather know it’s not before starting the swap.