$50 Rustoleum paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrumpyOldTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on doing this technique on my truck with a roller and flat white and flat black.

has anybody on here ever painted with this method? if you don't know what it is youtube it. results are surprisingly good

if you have done this before is there any tips you can recommend?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I didn't do the entire truck, but we did use it do the inside of the bed. But, My kid thinned it down and sprayed it. it came out pretty smooth.

There is a guy in town that did a T-bucket with a roller and then wet sanded it. Looks decent.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Ive seen it on the charger forums looked pretty good. Its alot of work but imo worth it for a single stage paint plan to try it as soon as we get a garage

Adam

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a forum that guys use to talk about how to do it and make it look right. I cant find the link though

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just looked at it on YouTube. It books pretty darn good in the videos.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have thinned and sprayed rustolium before. It fades color rather quickly and loses gloss. If you want to do a cheap paint that is good for what you were doing look at the shopline paints from ppg. Usually less than 50 bucks a gallon.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. After the final coat has cured.

2000 grit wetsand
M105 with DA
M205 with DA
Sealant with DA
Collinite 845.

GrumpyOldTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds pretty easy in my opinion. just sand, paint, wet sand, paint. besides I don't have a sprayer, compressor, etc. or even a location to spray without pissing off the neighbors. so this really is my best option.

and skylark if I do flat white and flat black can it fade if theres no gloss to lose?:shrug:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Don't do it if you ever plan to paint the truck by other means (ie:automotive paints) or you'll be stripping to metal.....if it's a beater: have at 'er!

:)