'50 Chevy 3100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Wound up getting a '50 after all, and picked it up today. Had to drive 5 hours to Tennessee to get it. What a day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Needs some love, but it has the 2 main things that I had to have. 3 window, and sitting on a S10 frame. Also has a 350, with 350 turbo transmission. Not sure what the rear gear is, but feels like it's either 3.42 or 3.73. An overdrive would be beneficial, but not a must have right now.

A little slop in the steering, so I think I'm going to redo the whole front end. I already have a lot of the parts to do air ride, left over from the many S10s I had over the years, so will work that in too.

Another thing is ditch the stupid Jeep hood hold downs, and fix the stock hood latch. A lot of little tinkering type stuff like that, which I enjoy.

Runs pretty good, and like Stumpy was, I'll be able to drive it, and work on it as I go.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say three window. What do you mean? When I had my 55 GMC , friends had 57 Chevy stepside, another 55 Chevy step. When we talked of a three window pickup this what we were looking at. Three rear windows.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say three window. What do you mean? When I had my 55 GMC , friends had 57 Chevy stepside, another 55 Chevy step. When we talked of a three window pickup this what we were looking at. Three rear windows.

Hello GoToGuy,

Elsewhere I mentioned that a buddy has developed a serious thing for these older Chevy trucks. He's been showering my
email with these beauties. Now I'm just an innocent bystander in all this, but it seems that when the extra-desirable corner
windows are installed, they are referred to as "5-window" trucks? Like this one:

Again, I'm no expert in these matters, but if he has his way I'll be helping him upgrade the motive force
to a big block in an otherwise 'stock appearing' truck like the above. Of course we're both on borrowed time,
so odds are that this is just a tasty pipe dream. (Don't tell him I said that. ;0)

FWIW --

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks. Until a few years we still had a 47 Chevy truck, not pickup, truck 2 1/2 ton , 6500 series maybe, 4 speed with 2 speed vacuum operated rear diff. Big beast, I should have kept it.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wound up getting a '50 after all, and picked it up today. Had to drive 5 hours to Tennessee to get it. What a day.

Needs some love, but it has the 2 main things that I had to have. 3 window, and sitting on a S10 frame. Also has a 350, with 350 turbo transmission. Not sure what the rear gear is, but feels like it's either 3.42 or 3.73. An overdrive would be beneficial, but not a must have right now.

A little slop in the steering, so I think I'm going to redo the whole front end. I already have a lot of the parts to do air ride, left over from the many S10s I had over the years, so will work that in too.

Another thing is ditch the stupid Jeep hood hold downs, and fix the stock hood latch. A lot of little tinkering type stuff like that, which I enjoy.

Runs pretty good, and like Stumpy was, I'll be able to drive it, and work on it as I go.
That is sweet!! Looking forward to watching your progress. What a beauty!!